Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend!



Greetings and salutations interwebs! 

So this is my FIRST official post on this blog as a contributing member.
And I'm stoked to say the least! 

Okay, so recapping the events of the weekend and reviewing everything that went on... I just have to say this: EPIC!!!
For those of you who know me personally, there isn't too many things that really keep me from having a great day nevertheless a weekend.  But this we especially good! 

First off, the POWER CAT 2 was on Saturday as you can see from an earlier post.
I drove up there with Andrew, J, Joe and David R. Munson: a friend of mine from Denton.
We were all pretty excited that I was getting to race in a totally new town.
Once we got there, we all got to see a bunch of friends we haven't seen in a good minute: San Marcos crew, a few kids from College Station, and the H-Town couriers/friends. Getting to see and race with all of them was definitely one of the highlights of the night. And it was awesome seeing a good number of Austinites at the race too!
All in all we all had a great time racing and a better time hanging out with old friends and even making a few new ones! 
I just want to say thank you to Alex, Ben W., Baker (for showing Joe and me the way around the town haha) and the rest of the San Marcos crew for a great time! I can't wait for Power Cat 3!

Okay, the next race was on Sunday.  
It was a Cyclocross style alleycat around the Hike and Bike trail.
Personally I've always wanted to do a cyclocross race and I was WAY pumped when I got to finally race in one! 
Now, let me go and say this: THIS WAS THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD RACING IN AN ALLEYCAT!!!
It was straight up EPIC to the 1,000,000,000,000th power. 
Since I only had one bike I had no choice but to run my track bike for this.  And to tell you the truth, it was so sketchy! 
I fortunately threw on some Vittoria Randonneur Cross tires before the race.  I also opted to ride clipless, which by the way helped IMMENSELY!
But the whole time I was just having the TIME OF MY LIFE! 
It was dark. I didn't know where to go or where I was going. I was fishtailing around every turn. I had one too many close calls. And I caught some sweet airs jumping out of little ditches and jumps in the path. 
This is going to be a multi-stage race so keep your eyes peeled for more days of cross excitement to come! 
And according to Brian, its going to get even more intense.  Can you say riding through mud in a cold down pour while jumping over barriers? 
Hell to the YEAH! 
Thanks Brian for an awesomely epic time! Can't wait till the next stage! Will Wolfe and me are going to DOMINATE!

This has been an AWESOME weekend full of bike racing and good times! 
And there are even more coming up on Thanksgiving! 

Ahlee and me are teaming up for this one... Hope to see you guys all out there on Thanksgiving! 
This one is going to be good, I can feel it in my bones! 

Take care everyone, 
xChris Leex

2 comments:

one Les car said...

So who won the PowerCat2? I wish I didn't have a broken leg, I would totally be doing the cyclocross alley's..... bullshit I tell you!!!!

dan cakes said...

real sorry i missed it but i'm glad you were on the scene, chrisx

 
Hit Countershtml hit counter